Hello my lovelies!
Summertime has come and gone and I never got a chance to post these recipes in time. The one thing that I absolutely love about summer and occasionally the autumn seasons are farmers markets. I absolutely love them! You definitely can tell the difference between fresh vegetables and fruits coming from a farmers market and the grocery store. Here are a few of my favorite recipes. Enjoy!
Sweet and Salty Marinated Asparagus
- 3 lbs fresh asparagus, about 44 to 50 spears if you get them medium sized
- 1/2 cup of low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of rice vinegar
- 3 tbs of olive oil
- 2 tbs of fresh ginger
- 1-2 tbs of honey
- 1 tbs of minced garlic
- 1 tbs of sesame seeds
- pinch of cayenne pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook for 5 mins. Drain immediately put the asparagus into a bowl of ice water.
- In a medium size bowl whisk soy sauce, rice vinegar, oil, ginger, garlic, honey, and cayenne.
- Take out asparagus from the ice water and place in a large baking dish. Spread out the asparagus in the dish.
- Pour soy sauce mixture over the asparagus evenly. (The amount of sauce should submerge the asparagus in the baking dish. If it doesn't, add a little water.)
- Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at 3 to 4 hours.
- In a small pan on low heat toast sesame seeds for 2 mins.
- Take out the asparagus from the refrigerator. Drain off the marinade from the asparagus. Save the sauce.
- Place the asparagus on a serving plate. Add a few spoonfuls of the sauce over the asparagus. Sprinkle the sesame seeds before serving.
Tomato Basil Farfalle
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 3 tbs of olive oil
- 1 tbs of grated lime zest
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 2 lbs of cherry/plum tomatoes, sliced in half or cubed
- 1 cup of chopped basil leaves
- 1 box of farfalle pasta
- Put a large pot of water to boil on medium heat. Add the pasta and cook according to the packaging directions. Drain and set aside. Sprinkle some olive oil over pasta so it doesn't stick.
- In a medium bowl, combine lime juice and zest, oil, and cumin. Whisk gently.
- In the lime juice mixture add tomatoes and basil. Gently stir.
- Add the pasta with the tomato mixture and toss gently.
Tangy Fresh Veggies
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs of dried basil
- 2 tbs of dried oregano
- 2 tbs of dried pasley
- 1 cup of brocoli florets
- 1 cup of cauliflower florets
- 1 cup of baby carrots
- 1 cup of button mushrooms, quartered
- In a large bowl, combine oil, vinegar, and spices. Whisk gently.
- Add brocoli, cauliflower, carrots, and mushrooms. Stir gently til all vegetables are fully coated.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hrs.
- Take vegetables out of refrigerator and serve cold.