I cannot wait for Spring to come so the Farmers Markets can come back. But when I can actually go, I do enjoy searching out a Winter Farmers Market. There's one that I go to as often as I could over at Maya Essence in the Lincoln Square neighborhood of Chicago. It's this one man that represents 4 or 5 farms in Wisconsin and Michigan. He sells fresh produce, goat's milk products, honey, even hormone free eggs, cheese, and meat!
And with that, here are a few oven roasted vegetable recipes that are super delicious. You can use different veggies for each of these recipes. I just favor certain veggies with the seasoning :) I also listed different ways to make these dishes. They are so easy and quick to make as a side dish for dinner or a quick snack in between meals. They're also not too bad served cold or in a salad.
Oven Roasted Asparagus with Slivered Almonds
|I made this without the almonds because I ran out :( It's still delicious tho!|
- 1 1/2 lbs asparagus
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (if you don't like the almonds, no need to use them. it still tastes yummy)
- Preheat oven to 425
- Wash asparagus thoroughly and then trim tough ends off. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Brush oil mixture over each asparagus and then place on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet in the preheated oven and roast 10 minutes.
- Take asparagus out of the oven. Sprinkle slivered almonds over the asparagus.
- Place asparagus in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Take out of oven and serve immediately.
Oven Roasted Cauliflower and Parmesan
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, peeled and coarsely minced
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Wash cauliflower very thoroughly and cut into florets. Place a single layer on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl toss in the garlic, lemon juice, and oil. Stir gently.
- Brush each piece of cauliflower with the oil mixture.
- Sprinkle cauliflower with salt and pepper.
- Place cauliflower in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes
- Test cauliflower with a fork. (The fork should be able to easily pierce the cauliflower)
- Remove from oven and quickly and carefully (the cauliflower may stick to the foil) put the cauliflower into a serving bowl.
- Add a desired amount of Parmesan cheese and lightly toss.
- Serve immediately.
Oven Roasted Broccoli
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Preheat oven 400.
- Thoroughly wash broccoli then cut into florets
- In a medium bowl mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Add the broccoli and make sure each floret is evenly coated.
- Arrange broccoli on a foil lined cookie sheet and place in preheated oven.
- Roast broccoli for about 20 minutes or until slightly crisped and browned.
- Serve immediately.
Stay hungry my friends!