Tomorrow I'm helping out at my roommate Becca's fundraiser, BOWLING FOR BECCA!!! It's to help Becca out with her medical bills due Colon Cancer. I was asked, and offered to make, a few things for the event. Here are some of the yummy goodies that I'm making that are quick, easy, and makes enough to feed an army.
Garlicious Vegetarian Hummus
5 unpeeled garlic cloves
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
1/4 cup of vegetable broth
1/2 cup tahini
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
* I acually tripled the measurements of the ingredients to make sure I had enough to feed an army. This can feed me and Becca alone!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Place unpeeled garlic cloves in the middle of a large square of aluminum foil. Drizzle cloves with 1 tablespoon of olive oil; wrap in foil. Roast in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool. When slightly cooled, squeeze roasted garlic out of peels.
- Combine roasted garlic, garbanzo beans, tahini, vegetable broth, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the work bowl of a food processor. Process until very creamy.
Peanut Butter Jelly Cookies
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
2 cups of creamy peanut butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 cups of buscuit baking mix
Sugar (for rolling dough balls)
1 jar of preferred jelly
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until smooth. Add buscuit mix. Chill dough for at least 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll into sugar. Place them onto a cookie sheet with parchment paper 2 inches apart.
- Press thumb in center of each bll of dough making a shallow well. Fill with teaspoon of desired jelly
- bake 6 to 8 minutes. Cool on cooling rack.