Friday, November 20, 2009

Vodka pasta sauce

I had guests over last night for an evening of catching up, wine tasting,  full body massages (thank you Paula!!!), and great food. Honestly tho, I just wanted people to come over and help me eat the food that's in the fridge so I can make more. While my friend Patrick had his turn at a massage, I took the time to test out a pasta sauce that's has a bit of vodka in it.


Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce

1/4 Cup Vodka
2 Cups Prepared Tomato Sauce (I used Prego)
1 Tbs Italian Seasonings
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
3 Tbs of Onion Powder (or use half an onion, finely chopped)
1 Tbs Olive Oil
Grated parmesan cheese
1 lb of pasta of choice, already cooked.


  1. In a sauce pan, add tomato sauce, onion powder, Italian seasonings, olive oil, and vodka. Simmer for 5 mins. (If you're going to use the chopped onion, sautee with a little butter first.)
  2. Slowly start adding cream while stirring. If you want a thicker sauce, add more cream, tsp at a time. (If you want to thicken w/o the added calories, use corn starch, tsp at a time.)
  3. Turn heat off, then add cooked pasta. Stir gently.
  4. Before serving pasta, sprinkle parmesan cheese.  

BON APPETIT!


*Picture will follow. I promise!

No comments: