My awesome boyfriend Vince is participating in MOVEMBER in November. Movember is an organization that is raising awareness for men's cancers, Prostate Cancer and Testicular Cancer.
What he did was shave off his beloved mustache and goatee that he's been growing for a very long time and will re-grow one for the month of November. In addition, he is also raising money for the cause.
As the awesome girlfriend that I am, I feel the need to help him by throw a fundraiser, such as a Bake Sale! The problem with that is that I don't have a place to actually host a bake sale in such short notice. That's why I created Bake Sale Delivery :) I posted an invite on the Events page of Facebook and put down a list of cookies, cupcakes, and brownies along with the prices. To my surprise it's getting a huge turn out. Pretty much all the cookies on the menu I've posted on here. These are just a couple of goodies that I haven't yet.
Here's one of them!
Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats, not instant
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two large cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars; beat until fluffy. Beat in eggs. Then add vanilla.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
- Stir dry ingredients into butter-sugar mixture a cup at a time. If you choose to add raisins and/or nuts, stir these in now. Stir in oats.
- Roll out 1 inch balls of dough onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving at least 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake until cookie edges turn golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Let the cookies stay on the cookie sheet a few minutes longer to let them "cook" a little longer.
- Move the cookies carefully to a cooling rack and let cool for at least 5 to 10 mins.
Stay hungry, my friends :)