Sunday, February 20, 2011

Recipe try-outs

Hello my hungry friends!

Sorry for the very late post on here. I've been working on a lot of different projects and haven't had the chance to add anything. But here I am ready to post more yumminess!

The Bake Sale Delivery for Vince was a huge success! Thank you all who purchased cookies. The most requested cookie was peanut butter, peanut butter and jelly, and dulce de leche. With all the cookies that I've baked last week I had to take a small break from it all. Now I'm back on to wanting to try something new. Here is a recipe that I've been dying to try out and tinker around with. Check them out!

HORCHATA COOKIES

* - I saw this recipe somewhere online. Can't seem to find it now, but I'm happy that I was able to write it down. It's got this sprinkling of cinnamon sugar over the actual cookie along a yummy creamy horchata frosting. I'm super excited to try this and I hope you are too!


Ingredients:

Cookie:
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1/2 cup of butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cup of flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
  • 1 tsp of baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp of salt 
  • A mixture of cinnamon and sugar
Frosting

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup Horchata
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 - 6 cups confectioners sugar

Directions:


Cookie

  1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
  2. Cream together sugar and butter. Beat in egg and vanilla.
  3. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. 
  4. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Blend well. 
  5. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until dough is firm enough to roll into balls. 
  6. Shape dough into small balls about a 1/2in. Roll in cinnamon sugar to coat. 
  7. Set cookies 1 inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. 
  8. Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. 
  9. Cool slightly on pans, then remove to racks to cool completely. 

Frosting

  1. In a large bowl, mix together the horchata, butter, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy. 
  2. Slowly add the confectioners sugar 1/2 cup at a time and mix well with each added cup. (I personally like the frosting consistency of 3 cups of confectioners sugar)
  3. Spread over each cookie evenly and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.

STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS :)

      No comments: