Tis the season of St Patrick's Day. I came across this lovely cupcake recipe that fits just perfectly. What kind of St Patty's Day would it be without the Guiness or Bailey's??
Guiness Cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Cream Frosting
* I got the cupcake recipe from Big City, Little Kitchen and tweaked it a little. This is my usual go-to frosting recipe. I just added the Baileys to it.
- 1 cup Guinness beer
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tb vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 4 - 6 cups of confectioners sugar
- 1/4 of plain coffee creamer
- 4 tbs of Bailey's Irish Cream
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- Combine the Guinness and the butter in a large sauce pan Remove from heat
- Whisk in the cocoa and sugar.
- In a bowl, whisk the sour cream with the eggs and vanilla, then add to the beer mixture.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda, and fold into the batter.
- Pour into muffin molds and bake for 25 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes, remove from cupcake tin, and cool completely on a rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter and cream cheese together until fluffy.
- Add the coffee creamer and Bailey's until fully incorporated.
- Slowly add confectioners sugar into the bowl, 1/2 cup at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- Continue to add the sugar until you have a thick frosting of your preferred consistency (I'm happy with 4 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar)
- Spread evenly on cooled cupcakes.
Bailey's Irish Cream Cake with Glaze
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- 1 3oz. pkg instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon Bailey's Irish Cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour bundt cake pan.
- In a large bowl add the cake mix and pudding mix. Beat in the eggs, water, and oil. Mix well.
- Stir in the Bailey's slowly. Mix evenly.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Once out of the oven cool cake completely.
- In a small bowl, mix the confectioners sugar, Bailey's, and milk until smooth.
- Spoon evenly over cooled cake. Let stand until glaze is set.
"May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand." - Old Irish Blessing