Apparently we've experienced a cold snap with the weather here in Chicago. What better way to warm up the house than with home made macaroni and cheese? This time around I only used white cheeses and made it extra cheezy. The white cheddar definitely gives it a kick. Hope you like it :)
Cheezy White Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 cups of cooked desired pasta (if you don't like your macaroni n cheese super creamy and oh so cheezy, add another cup of pasta)
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of munster cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of colby cheese, shredded (or colby jack)
- 1/2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce ( this isn't really needed, but I really like the bite that the sauce gives)
- 1/2 to 1 full cup of bread crumbs
- Preheat oven 375
- In a sauce pan over low heat, melt butter
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Stir in milk then gently sift flour.
- Put heat to low flame. Mix in cheeses.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and stir.
- Take of heat.
- Slowly add the pasta into the cheese sauce. Stir gently.
- Pour macaroni and cheese into a baking dish then place it in the preheated oven and bake for 25 mins.
- Take out the mac n cheese. Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over the dish and then place mac n cheese back in oven and bake for another 5 to 10 mins.
- Take out of oven and let stand for 10 mins before serving.
Stay hungry my friends!