Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lovin the limes

Hello my hungry friends!

Now that the warm summer weather has approached us once again I've been taking the time to get to know the refreshing lime better. Besides the yummy cherry limeade recipe that I posted on here last year, I wanted to figure out what other recipes I can use limes in. Here's what I came up with :)


Key Lime PIE



Ingredients


  • 1 pkg of cream cheese (16 oz), softened
  • 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup of Key Lime juice
  • 1 graham cracker crust in a pie dish (I cheat and use the premade one cuz I haven't found a yummy recipe to try yet)
  • Cool Whip if desired

Directions

  1. Whip together the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk VERY WELL!!!! NO CLUMPS!!!
  2. Add the lime juice and whip some more ;)
  3. Slowly pour the mixture into the graham cracker crust or spoon evenly
  4. This is where you have the choice between dolloping some Cool Whip on to a sliced piece of pie OR smothering it on top of the whole pie. The choice is yours :)



Honey Lime Chicken

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup of organic honey
  • 1/3 cup of light soy sauce
  • 3 limes, freshly squeezed
  • 4 chicken breasts

Directions
  1. In a small bowl mix honey, soy sauce, and lime juice. 
  2. Place chicken breasts in a baking dish.
  3. Pour honey lime marinade on top of the chicken. Coat each chicken breast evenly with marinade. 
  4. Refrigerate breasts for at least 45 mins
  5. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Preheat for at least 5 mins.
  6. Take chicken breasts out of the refrigerator and place into preheated oven.
  7. Bake chicken for 20 mins.

Stay hungry my friends :)

No comments: